Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Design and implement processes & equipment to grow production capacity in line with corporate goals.
- Partner with production engineers and leaders to ensure a successful ramp and long-term production.
- Provide product feedback to design engineering teams to ensure manufacturability without compromising product function or performance.
- Ensure achievement of safety, quality, cost, timing & throughput targets on all projects.
- Provide regular, metric-based project updates to the management team.
- Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation.
- Be part of a world-class engineering team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
- Potentially work in any factory vertical – Stamping, Body, Paint, Battery, Drive Unit, Assembly, and more
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field or equitable work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering role.
- Knowledgeable in high and low volume manufacturing skills and concepts (cycle time analysis, quality control, equipment efficiency, equipment selection, return on investment, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and see the solution implemented to a high level of accuracy & quality.
- Ability to work independently to execute a project plan based on general direction.
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including with external stakeholders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in both 2D & 3D CAD environments.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.