Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
· Create high volume of purchase requisitions
· Ensure requisitions are completed accurately and meet corporate guidelines prior to approval
· Interact with management and departmental stakeholders to answer requisition-related questions
· Create and maintain accurate supplier information in corporate database
· Participate in and drive continuous improvement projects/initiatives
· Liaise with Accounts Payable and supplier to resolve purchase order versus invoice issues
· Identify, develop, and implement purchasing process improvements
· Conduct competitive tactical buying sourcing events for purchases under $100,000
· Evaluate opportunities for cost savings through spend analysis and supplier rationalization
· Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred or equivalent experience
· Experience with ERP systems, SAP, and Coupa as well as purchase order processing
· Ability to work independently with little instruction and can adapt to change
· Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to details and deadlines
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Effective communication skills and customer service approach
· Action-oriented and solution-driven and able to work in a fast pace environment
· Highly accurate and detail-oriented
· This role requires working hours of 8am-5pm Monday Through Friday.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.