Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Act as the initial point of contact for internal Manufacturing IT system related concerns from internal employees
- Create Helpdesk tickets and respond in a timely manner to email and phone call requests for technical assistance.
- Effortlessly engage with callers, actively listen, analyze, and isolate tech issues.
- Calmly provide conflict resolution and navigate frustrated customer situations.
- Troubleshoot various Manufacturing application including MES and other Quality tools.
- Attend in-person meetings with clients to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
- Detail these issues and propose system or business improvements to mitigate future occurrences
- Complete detailed reports listing requests for technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them, and the specific dates/individuals involved.
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage.
- Organize and file technical support documentation and instructional guides for future reference.
- Drive incident cycle time reduction through prompt responses to issues, detect reoccurring issues, and drive incident investigations
- Escalate complex issues to level 3 when needed.
- Identify repetitive issues and assist in automating or resolving these items to provide the best possible user experience.
- Remain current with manufacturing applications and technologies.
- Available and willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays to complete the support task
- Individuals must be able to understand complex automated systems
- Understand the ISA-95 standard for production automation
- Experience SQL Database query experience is required
- Experience with VMWare ESXi, Cisco Switch Configuration, JBoss Server Management, Windows Domain / Group Policy or Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) troubleshooting are strongly desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and a self-starter and outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- General understanding of conventional Manufacturing applications, IT system communication methods, which includes network architecture, file drop, XML, SOAP, and TCP/IP communication protocols
- Knowledge on Rockwell MES is a plus.
- 1-3 year of experience in Manufacturing application support is a Plus.
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business, Manufacturing, Industrial, Engineering or a related subject required.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.