Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Construction Engineering team is responsible for all of the Mechanical, Electrical, Piping, and Structural (MEPS) system design of Rivian’s physical infrastructure. This includes a variety of project types from the complex infrastructure systems that support our factories to the design of modular systems that enable efficient deployment of Rivian’s workplace, retail, and charging infrastructure. As one of our Technical Program Managers, you will work with the Architectural and Construction Management teams to oversee these projects from concept through startup.
- Lead a cross-functional team comprised of construction engineering, manufacturing engineering, supply chain, construction management, architecture, and others to design and deploy MEPS systems.
- Manage system development, schedule, and cost in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Build comprehensive system specifications, taking input from other Engineering teams and Operations.
- Create and maintain a development roadmap for your area.
- Collaborate with team leaders to prioritize, resource, and track progress of team projects.
- Work with the rest of the Technical Program Management team to develop the Manufacturing Engineering team’s equipment development and validation processes.
- Minimum 3 years designing and building industrial or commercial MEPS systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical.
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using a standard product development process. Experience with Scrum a plus.
- Experience collaborating with and managing construction contractors, permitting jurisdictions, vendors, and other 3rd party resources.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.