Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will...Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Generalist provides operational support on safety and environmental matters. The position supports development of, and sustaining facility safety and environmental initiatives to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for employees. In addition, the position supports and drives continuous improvement at the multiple sites, works with the business leaders to identify solutions to EHS issues/challenges.
• Ensure compliance with applicable workplace safety regulations.
• Understands, and influences, human behaviors to reduce workplace risks.
• Has the ability to teach others to assess risk, identify hazards, and implement appropriate controls.
• Prior experience with identifying and minimize Environmental, Health, and Safety risks and communicate critical tasks, as required, to essential business units.
• Perform job duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines, including MIOSHA CalOSHA and EGLECalEPA.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Inspect facilities to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
• Support any requirements pertaining to Air Permits, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) and RCRA waste characterizing.
• Recommend corrective actions, as needed.
• Keep up-to-date on process changes.
• Supports personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Incredible interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others that do not report to you.
• Assist in completing safety risk assessments.
• Conduct safety training, as required.
• Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
• Follow all aspects of the site Environmental, Health and Safety Policy as it pertains to normal job duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to manage change to ensure safety and environmental compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Prior EHS work experience with Research & Development, and manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
- Able to understand complex regulations and be able to communicate requirements to groups with diverse interests and backgrounds.
- Familiarity with data and root cause analysis techniques.
- Understanding of incident and injury prevention programs.\
- Experience implementing, training and maintaining safety programs such as Lock Out, Machine Guarding, Hazard Communication, High Voltage Electrical and Ergonomic Assessments.
- Ability to work varied hours with occasional travel (domestic), required.
- Must be self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Must be organized and have knowledge of regulatory record keeping requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural, team-oriented environment.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- OSHA 10/30-Hour General Industry certification is preferred.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.