Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Production Lead Design - Support and provide guidelines for structural infrastructure for production processes. This includes working closely with internal manufacturing engineering and facilities teams as well as structural engineer consultants (SEOR). Early alignment and having a clear schematic design and reviewing construction documents will be the focus of production projects.
- Commercial Lead Design - Support and provide guidelines for structural infrastructure for commercial projects. Commercial projects include workplace, retail locations, service centers, and charging network. Working closely with internal facilities team as well as structural engineer consultants (SEOR) to ensure early alignment and a clear schematic design as well as reviewing construction documents will be the focus of commercial projects.
- Modular R&D + Design - In-depth design and development of Rivian modular structure to be used in the retrofit and change of use of existing buildings as well as ground-up building. Following the more sustainable approach this modular system is designed with the following goals in horizon: reusability, decreasing number of parts, and faster and easier construction.
- Standards and Processes - Establish Standards and Processes Establish standard processes, specifications, and analyses to improve delivery of facilities.
- Dynamic Collaboration - Close collaboration across various verticals of the organization is essential. Nimble and agile approach is the key as various projects are at different levels of maturity and intentional time management is a requirement.
- Project Management - Ensure safety, quality, cost, timing & throughput targets are achieved on all projects.
- Reporting - Provide regular, metric-based project updates to management team.
- First Principles - Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation.
- Supporting Sustainability – Being cognizant of broader goals of sustainability and support green infrastructure as well as implementing creative solutions in selection of building materials.
- Greatness - Be part of a world-class Engineering Team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience or master’s degree with 3 years of experience in Structural Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or Licensed Structural Engineer
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and deliver technical projects.
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including external stakeholders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in BIM and other CAD environments.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Infrastructure Design
Locations: Palo Alto, CA; Irvine, CA; Normal, IL; Plymouth, MI
Travel as required to production centers and commercial projects
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.