Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Coordinates engineering changes, assist manufacturing in continuous process improvement and troubleshooting problems with production processes and new program launches.
- Coordinates and tracks the launch of new programs in the assigned areas.
- Develop work instructions, standardized work, process flow, and process documentation to ensure manufacturing process is being followed
- Work with design engineering team to develop and establish a design that lends itself to high production while ensuring built in high quality during the manufacturing process
- Participate in product and packaging reviews to evaluate process impact and provide feedback on build sequence, process time analysis, and investment requirements
- Perform time analysis using a standard motion time system (MODAPTS), estimate production times, staffing requirements, and costs
- Investigate assembly issues and implement solution by reviewing product design, process sequence plan, and builds affecting production and work during stages of New Product Launch - Null Series (Virtual Builds), Production Trials, and SOP using PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) approach
- Co-ordinate with team to determine and introduce optimum plant layout, equipment, tooling, and racking in General Assembly to achieve maximum efficiency
This is what you’ll need:
- Must have good communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Experience using CATIA/ENOVIA.
- Experience and/or Knowledge in DOE, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance, Torque Tooling, Error Proofing, and PFMEA.
- Experience and/or certification in Six Sigma DMAIC (optional), Lean Assembly Principles, Time Studies using MTM or MODAPTS.
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
- S degree in engineering discipline.
- Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma etc experience is a plus.
- 3 - 4 years engineering experience in a high volume manufacturing operation, preferably automotive.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.