Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Participate in Rivian specification and standard creation, release to vendor, assist with RFQ preparation and quote technical evaluation.
- Enforce application of Rivian standards while managing suppliers through specification, design review, and design approval
- Establish test plans and control test plan execution at vendor and at Rivian facility during installation and buy-off.
- Validate new automated process equipment for deployment into production.
- Develop company level, factory level and line/machine level controls standards and specification for application by internal equipment development team and external partners.
- Design and review electrical schematics for automation equipment using 480/240/120VAC and 24VDC circuits.
- Architect, write, and debug PLCs using Ladder and/or Structured Text with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable.
- Generate user HMI and SCADA screens that are user-friendly, intuitive and suitable for operating and troubleshooting equipment.
- Implement (ANSI/RIA15.06/OSHA compliant) control reliable safety systems for safeguarding robots, gantries, conveyors, and other high volume manufacturing equipment.
- Create data management and tracking communications network architecture and interface with cross-functional teams for product, processes and quality traceability control implementation.
- Introduce automated processes into production, and train Maintenance and Production Teams to support after deployment into production.
- Debug and optimize automated processes to minimize cycle time, maximize availability and improve yield.
- In depth knowledge of Electrical Standards (NFPA79, National Electric code, UL508A).
- Prior experience developing electrical schematics using ePLAN, AutoCAD Electrical, or similar.
- In depth knowledge of Safety standards (ANSI/RIA15.06, OSHA).
- Advanced proficiency programming industrial equipment using IEC 61131-3.
- Experience programming Allen-Bradley Rockwell, Siemens, or Beckhoff PLCs
- Experience programming HMIs for fully and semi-automated equipment using FactoryTalk View, WinCC, Ignition, TwinCAT HMI, or similar.
- Experience programming industrial 6-axis robots such as Fanuc, Kawasaki, ABB, Kuka, etc.
- Experience designing and troubleshooting common fieldbus networks such Ethernet/IP, Profinet, and EtherCAT.
- Knowledge of communications between machine PLCs and database systems
- Understanding of scripting languages such as Python, C++, etc.
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering or equivalent automation controls experience
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.