Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will fabricate special test equipment supporting development and validation testing of high voltage automotive power electronic components.
- Fabricate Low Voltage and High Voltage electronic test harnesses
- Design and fabricate simple mechanical fixtures and jigs
- Functional acceptance testing of circuit board assemblies and power electronic units following defined test procedures
- Troubleshoot, root cause and document electronic assembly issues
- Perform printed circuit board assembly modifications such as component rework, soldering/de-soldering of electronic components, etc.
- Understand how to read electrical schematics and use manufacturers’ product data sheets
- Procure necessary tools, equipment and components for a prototype electronics lab
- Ability to setup and utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power analyzers, power supplies and digital multimeters with no direction
- Ability to use instrumentation such as thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, accelerometers, pressure gauges, and flow meters
- Conduct environmental testing (thermal, vibration, humidity)
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- High level of understanding and experience with High Voltage and safety awareness
- Technical degree in electronics
- 5+ years of experience preferred fabricating special test equipment and harnesses for high voltage power electronics
- 5+ years of experience preferred with soldering, handling lab equipment & circuit board re-work
- A strong understanding and experience in prototype and fabrication shop processes
- High level of soldering skill
- Experience using common machine shop equipment
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed
- Lead by example: Safety is priority one
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.