Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Define and implement general assembly inline or end-of-line vehicle testing requirements in collaboration with vehicle design, software and integration teams, in preparation for new product launches
- Lead development of testing hardware and software with suppliers during vehicle prototyping
- Optimize vehicle tests for manufacturing in collaboration with cross functional teams, considering KPIs such as quality, productivity and capital expenditure
- Lead prototype builds and vehicle commissioning in vehicle testing
- Lead investigations for process issues leading to test failures and ensure all issues are driven to resolution, including immediate mitigation and permanent solution
- Challenge assumptions that are not backed by a thorough engineering evaluation, and prioritize tasks to ensure smooth vehicle launch and new product introductions
- Provide regular, metric-based project updates to management team
- Execute DFMEA/PFMEA on vehicle systems to identify required test
- Think fast, prioritize, and make decisions that benefit Rivian
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, or Automotive Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in automotive or related manufacturing environment, vehicle testing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with vehicle testing, diagnostics, and end-of-line vehicle tests (wheel alignment, dynamic vehicle tests, autonomous driving tests)
- Familiarity with Vector and/or Peak CAN based diagnostic tools or ability to learn quickly
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (DoIP, CAN, CANFD, FlexRAY, LIN, etc)
- Programming experience preferred (Python, C++, MATLAB preferred)
- Data analytics experience preferred (MATLAB, Tableau, etc.)
- Diligent at documenting issues, with a passion for process improvement and automation
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and deliver technical projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.