Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Material Requirements Planning for the Assembly plant production and or New Model builds.
- Interfaces with Logistics and Logistics Providers
- Monitors supplier performance, conformance and production schedules
- Facilitates and highlights opportunity for supplier improvement plans and countermeasures
- Supports the Internal Control Review Process & audits
- Executes the material inventory processes as they relate to Material Requirements Planning
- Supervises pilot and lead unit material Inbound to Delivery Readiness
- Interfaces with other scheduling aspects of business needs
- Supports the Plan for Every Part Team
- Inputs and adheres to the department Annual Business Plan
- Supports implementation of RMS (Rivian Mfg. System)
- Supports the material handling and production teams through communication of delivery exceptions and information.
- Cross functionally trains and supports plans to cover unplanned and planned absence.
- Supports new business strategies and material flow analysis
- Responsible for inputting and providing key metrics analysis
- Cross functional training across different production control support positions and other-directed short-term assignments.
- Visit customer locations & plants during major milestone events to support the teams when required.
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP Preferred.
- Previous Material requirements planning experience preferred.
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Ability to set tasks and responsibilities
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
- College degree, preferably in Supply Chain required
- Previous production control or warehouse planning experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to communicate using telephone and e-mail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Internal candidates interested in this position are required to have spent 6 months in their current position before moving onto another team.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Normal, IL.
Location: Production Control
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.