Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Utilizing Rivian processes based on industry standards from VDA and AIAG, the Supplier Quality Engineer – Preproduction will work directly with our engineering teams supporting quality and program management for early engineering builds. This role will work with prototype and fast turn suppliers supporting early preproduction builds.
· Facilitate the escalation of unresolved quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
· Manage and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to support the project timing and quality performance
· Manage development and implementation as well as ongoing maintenance and data integrity checks to our supplier portal
· Lead the effort of continuous improvement activities
· Lead benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs
· Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to leadership
· Achieve goals within budget
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
· Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
· Lean Manufacturing knowledge
· Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
· Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
· Understanding manufacturing processes
· Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
· Planning and prioritizing activities
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Listening skills
· Negotiation skills
· Ability to present data effectively
· Problem-solving skills
· Understanding of Health and Safety practices
· Team working skills
· Analytical skills
· Understanding of cost and financial impacts
-This role requires a Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm time commitment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.