Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Lead the development of automation tools and software scripts to enable rapid design of the next generation assembly lines and processes with a high level of detail & precision including construction planning validated in a virtual environment.
- Define a road map to enable delivery of a full digital twin and automation to keep the digital model up to date.
- Develop engineering tools to output detailed process planning from simple data entries using rules based automation
- Develop CAD standards and automation of inverse kinematics to reduce manual work load during virtual commissioning
- Develop standards and processes for the efficient management of Manufacturing 3D CAD data
- Identify, evaluate and make recommendations for selection of new software platforms
- Solve technically complex problems using fundamental, data driven methodologies.
- Provide technical expertise and support to upskill the Manufacturing Engineering team working in a virtual environment including mentoring, training and documentation
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineers to define work flow problem statements, identify key data inputs and develop solutions.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3+ years extensive engineering experience
- Software programming experience
- Detailed knowledge and experience working with Catia and Delmia within the 3DExperience environment
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as required
- Master’s degree in the related discipline
- 1+ year extensive experience in a high tech, non-automotive, industry to ensure that fresh ideas are brought in
- Expert at software programming in EKL C# an VBA languages
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.