Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Responsible for planning and implementation of; container, packaging, line side, and part replenishment systems and processes.
- Manages all container, dolly, and packaging requirements as they relate to plant production.
- Organizes plant reviews or buyoffs of test shipping packs and racks
- Monitors and validates containers at pilot
- Maintains standard pack data and coordinates communication to affected parties of changes
- Develops and coordinates the acquisition of external in-sequence racks
- Coordinates plant mobile equipment requirements and standards
- Interfaces with plant facility or service provider to schedule and coordinate equipment preventative maintenance
- Resolves part quality issues related to packaging
- Liaisons with platform containerization and logistics
- Participates in the Plan for Every Part Team
- Is responsible for the Visual management database (sets buffer calculations, sets up new parts plans, sets plant defaults, overrides parts and times that do not fit the system as required, reloads or updates modules (pull card, loop size, EPS, and so on), runs reports as required
- Coordinates with the Material Flow Planning Manager to insure PFEP is consistent from supplier to production operator
- Is responsible for visual management cards, tools and training
- Supports shop floor material processes (including replenishment system support)
- Creates, monitors, modifies, or deletes broadcast codes for manifest changes per production build and Engineering Work Orders (change broadcast based on break point of EWO)
- Interfaces with Electronic Data Systems and/or Plant IT group on all Broadcast System MES concerns.
- Coordinates and maintains printer and equipment needs with maintenance and IT.
- Maintains broadcast statements for build documents in the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and manufacturing execution systems.
- Supports the production organization.
- Follows the standardized work process.
- Cross training across different roles in production control.
- Visit customer locations & plants during major milestone events to support the teams when required.
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP Preferred.
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems “MES” preferred.
- 3 years of previous experience preferred.
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Leadership skills preferred.
- Ability to set tasks and responsibilities
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
- College degree preferred
- 3 years previous experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Production Control
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.