Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Platform Administrator will be a key member on the ITSM Support team and is responsible for maintaining the chosen solution platform on a daily basis. The role will support the platform across the enterprise and will be the key point of contact for all the stakeholders for the platform. The administrator maintains the stability and usability of the platform by performing application maintenance, managing support for incidents related to integrations as well as performance, and contributing to software releases by delivering configuration tasks and features.
- Incident triage and resolution, troubleshoot issues, outages and collaborate with the ITSM Process and Platform Lead on resolving complex issues.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the ITSM platform
- Representing the ITSM team on assigned projects, communicating and training end users of upcoming changes on the platform, and serve as the primary advocate for the platform.
- Collaborate with internal teams across the company to ensure that the platform configuration and processes support the business needs, and building customer requirements and design documentation for enhancements on the platform
- Configuration/Customization of the platform - Form updates, workflow / automation efforts, reporting and dashboard management
- Build service requests from customer requirements including requests, request items and tasks using workflows
- Configure the platform in accordance with customer requirements and ITIL best practices within the following modules: Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration Management, Service Catalog etc.
- Lead process improvement efforts to support multiple operating models and development frameworks. (including Waterfall, Agile, DevOPS)
- Create, update, publish reports and dashboards within the platform to visualize KPI metrics
- Create and maintain internal technical documentation, manuals, policies, and processes
- Assist with researching and recommending innovative and possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of related work experience
- 2+ years of experience as a ITSM Platform Administrator in a mid-size organization
- 2-4 years of experience in configuring or implementing following or equivalent modules: Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, Service Catalog, Service Portal, CMDB, Service Mapping, Service Catalog, Mobile App
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to meet project schedules and milestones
- Relational database expertise in relation to an enterprise software system
- Basic knowledge of common development language's; XML, HTML, Java Script
- Ability to adapt quickly to learn new tool's, new technologies, and current industry standards
- Problem solving and critical thinking mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience
- ITIL Foundation certification or above
- Advanced hands-on experience of ServiceNow or similar platform, Administrator certification reqd.
- Experience in large process improvement projects
- 10% to 25% travel at Rivian locations (as needed)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.