Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Manages material flow and inventory control
- Supports material flow for new product requirements
- Interfaces with Supply base on continuous improvement and developmental issues
- Authorizes premium transportation and tracks part classification metrics for premium usage
- Performs 5 Alarm Process delinquent suppliers (includes issue of PRR (Problem Resolution Reports)) and follows up through resolution
- Interfaces with suppliers and LLP and Plant Floor on returnable container issues
- Monitors internal pull systems to ensure proper lineside supply
- Responds to and resolves floor problems in the assigned floor area (Min/Max conditions, Standard pack discrepancies, Packaging compliance coordination with the supplier, labeling, misuse, and other discrepancies
- Resolves other supplier non-conformance issues
- Participates on the Plan for Every Part Team
- Manages parts database including engineering changes
- Performs Material Requirements analysis, investigates losses or record errors, investigates part histories to identify misuse, specification problems, unaccounted scrap or possible theft
- Coordinates material flow on source changes
- Analyzes productive receiving records
- Investigates duplicate records
- Ensures end of model obsolescence (supplier over-shipments, authorization for material return, interplant and Service Parts sales, disposal of physical inventory)
- Interfaces with suppliers on material issues, investigates supplier claims of unpaid bills
- Supports the production organization
- Develops standardized work
- May have some team member direct or indirect supervision
This is what you’ll need
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP Preferred
- College degree or “3” years equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Experience working with PLM systems and their interface with MRP preferred.
- Experience working with Manufacturing Execution Systems “MES” preferred.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
- Ability to create and present detailed and summary reports.
- College degree or “3” years equivalent experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel (frequency), drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Internal applicants required to have spent 6 months in their current role prior to applying for a new position within Rivian.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Production Control
Location: Normal, IL.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.