Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Manages material flow and inventory control.
- Assists with vehicle build schedule, or engineering changes.
- Monitors internal pull systems to ensure proper lineside supply
- Responds to and resolves floor problems in the assigned floor area (Min/Max conditions, Standard pack discrepancies, Packaging compliance coordination with the supplier, labeling, misuse, and other discrepancies
- Interfaces with sales and marketing division for expedite requests, order changes, diversions, unique customer satisfaction issues
- Coordinates the disposal or return of replaced parts
- Supports material flow for new product requirements.
- Follows up new parts until first receipt
- Generates all parts lists for special build, pilots, and 1st run options
- Coordinates the replacement orders for miss-builds and scrap units
- Maintain and monitor the Vehicle Identification Number procedure
- Administers the Internal Control Review Process & audits
- Maintains Build Sequence rules (ex: spacing, batch painting, option leveling to improve assembly productivity)
- Flexibility to work 2nd shift preferred
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP Preferred
- College degree or “3” years equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Experience working with PLM systems and their interface with MRP preferred.
- Experience working with Manufacturing Execution Systems “MES” preferred.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
- Ability to create and present detailed and summary reports.
- College degree or “3” years equivalent experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel (frequency), drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Internal applicants required to have spent 6 months in their current role prior to applying for a new position within Rivian.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Production Control
Location: Normal, IL.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.