Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Leads all material handling activities to provide production support at a Shift level
- Ensures that department Group Leaders (supervision) are maintaining: (Safety documentation, Ergonomics, Suggestions, Complaints, Training, Attendance, Overtime, and Vacation).
- Performs and teaches all processes in the assigned Material Handling Group.
- Communicates between shifts and departments to implement best practices, resolve problems, and sustain consistent performance to objectives.
- Evaluates shift quality and performance levels and ensures the shift meets continuous improvement requirements.
- Evaluates bottlenecks in upstream processes and collaborates process improvement.
- Evaluates and develops countermeasures for downstream delivery issues.
- Supports and participates in pilot product programs or model change and model mix activities.
- Ensures adherence to local, state, and federal laws and corporate goals, objectives, and policies.
- Implements and monitors the metrics for the Group.
- Teaches, plans, and implements the RMS Quality Network with emphasis on the five core principles.
- Coordinates operational changes with the Material Handling organization.
- Follows the standardized work process.
- Maintains housekeeping standards and applies 5S as prescribed in RMS
- Utilizes appropriate inventory controls and follows up on assignments.
- Ensures proper use and care of equipment.
- Responsible for implementing cross functional and job rotation training where applicable.
- Mentoring plant Material Handling Group Leaders, other as directed short term assignments.
- Visit customer locations & plants during major milestone events to support the teams when required.
- Manage all direct reports, develop job duties for all direct reports, monitor and feedback all direct reports on a quarterly basis
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP Preferred.
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Strong leadership skills, experience managing multiple teams preferred.
- Ability to set tasks and responsibilities
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree preferred
- 3 years previous supervisory experience highly preferred.
Language, Mathematical, and/or Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.