Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this role, you will be involved with the design and specifications for new machinery and equipment. You will also be an active participant in equipment acceptance testing and commissioning as well as evaluate proposed changes to equipment and machinery for safety requirements.
- Utilize a formal management of change process
- Develop and continuously improve equipment safety standards
- Complete Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis
- Evaluate design proposals for new and changing processes
- Conduct Pre-startup safety reviews with a cross-functional team
- Create and deliver training related to equipment and machinery safety
- Evaluate the effectiveness of controls in place
- Participate in learning teams, investigations, inspections, audits, etc. as needed
- Work with department EHS staff to support shop needs
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers, contractors as well as internal teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or Engineering
- 3-5 years of equipment safety experience, risk assessments, equipment commissioning
- Experience with ANSI/RIA R15.06, ISO/TS 15066 and other related standards
- Experience evaluating manual and/or automated manufacturing processes
- Experience in commissioning new product lines preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% for extended periods of time
- Automotive experience preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to do work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, orders, loud noise and varying temperatures.
- Ability to climb up/down ladders and stairs, negotiate uneven or moving surfaces, and work at varying heights.
Requires up to 50% travel for this role
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.