Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
· Assist Tooling Design Engineers in die design reviews ensuring plant requirements are met and represented in tooling designs.
· Assist Tooling Design Engineers in preparing buyoff packages to ensure successful homeline runoff in plant.
· Work with tooling engineers and die maker support to make changes to tooling to meet quality, FLD (Argus), and productivity related targets
· Assist with homeline runoff activity from first die set through PPAP working closely with production, T&D, tool source shops, and Tooling Engineers.
· Work closely with body and closures manufacturing teams to ensure downstream quality needs are met.
· Modify die designs to support engineering change activity.
· Work closely with Production Control, Quality, Stamping Production, and downstream customers to ensure all Rivian Quality and productivity targets are met.
· Perform modifications to die designs in SMIRT and Catia to ensure that all changes are accurately reflected in die designs.
· Work closely with T&D to ensure modifications are performed inhouse.
· Clearly communicate change requirements for modifications performed at outside sources.
· Manage SMIRT software for die design storage and BOM management.
· Work with blue light scanner to confirm actual die condition Vs. CAD die condition.
This is what you’ll need:
· Knowledge of automotive design and development process.
· 3-5 years of die design / engineering change experience.
· Strong excel skills are a must.
· Strong 3d modeling experience is a must.
· Experience with SMIRT, Argus, Polyworks, JIRA are a plus.
· Individual must be organized.
· This is someone who is comfortable on the shop floor as the role will have substantial follow through on the plant floor.
· Degree in Engineering or related field or 5 years’ experience in stamping or tool design.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.