Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Metrology Systems Planning role will define the standards for measurement systems to ensure Quality is designed and built into our vehicles. This role will also manage the plan to procure and implement metrology systems across all programs and sites. The mission of this role is to cultivate trust in metrology across all use cases at Rivian.
- Work with lab owners to develop the Rivian Metrology equipment, standards, and capabilities across all Rivian laboratories including manufacturing, engineering, and testing sites.
- Work with lab owners to benchmark metrology tools and develop implementation plans aligned with Rivian needs that encompass systems engineering, computer science, software, etc.
- Ensure all Metrology RDP (Rivian Development Process) deliverables are planned for and executed. This includes defining the Metrology strategy and implementation plan for new programs.
- Work proactively with multiple team members from Dimensional Control, Product Engineering, Metrology staff engineer and Manufacturing Quality Metrology team to implement the strategy, equipment, programming and reports to execute on time for Verification Prototype builds and launch milestones.
- Define data collection, consumption, and report requirement capabilities and work with IT to integrate solutions for all measurement equipment.
- Develop tips, techniques and training to ensure common and consistent use of the measurement equipment.
- Determine, track, and deliver key systems KPIs.
- Ensure the roles and responsibilities are clear across all teams and the metrics by which we assess Red/Amber/Green are clear for each milestone and gate.
Participate with cross-functional design and launch teams to make improvements to products and processes ensuring highest quality products are delivered to the customer.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, or related field
- Product Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality experience and comfortable working across teams in a fast paced manufacturing / production environment.
- 8-10 years experience with demonstrated leadership in Metrology and Measurement Equipment.
- Experience with AIAG, APQP and related standards
- Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
- Prioritization / self-management – with a high volume of projects and activities, the individual must be able to analyze impact and effort to appropriately prioritize workloads
- Proven technical knowledge and ability to collaborate with engineering and suppliers
- Ability to effectively lead in conventional and unconventional structures (e.g. matrix/networked team)
- Customer service attitude – the ability to communicate with all end users in a professional, positive and approachable manner, including explanation of technical issues in a non-technical manner
- A constant hunger for personal and professional improvement
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.