Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Factory Data is the team within Manufacturing Engineer that builds the tight data and model integrations into our factories that enable Rivian to scale with unprecedented quality, speed, and operational performance. We develop the data platforms and tools where manufacturing data is modeled and used by analysts, data scientists, and engineers. And we use those same platforms and tools to deliver analytics, inference, and algorithms critical to Rivian’s mission.
- Deliver data and analytics products that will be core to how Rivian operates, monitors, and debugs issues in our factories
- Develop “analytics as code” in the form of sophisticated data apps (built primarily with R + shiny)
- Work with stakeholders to do ad-hoc exploratory data analysis on high-priority/high-visibility issues
- Partner with Manufacturing Engineers to develop the data integrations that enable visibility into manufacturing production, equipment, processes, and product tests
- Create and maintain data models used in reporting and decision automation pipelines
- Define code based KPIs from our clean reporting data with appropriate domain awareness
- Evangelize data products, information, and tools for cross-functional groups
- Design experiments to accelerate production learning and improvements
- Work to mature our modern data environment (Stitch, dbt, and Redshift on AWS) and develop tools and packages to accelerate our work
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills in a cross-functional environment
- Exceptional skills developing data narratives
- Strong proficiency with SQL - knowledge to tidy data structures for analytics/reporting is a bonus
- Proficiency with R or Python and willingness to become comfortable with both to support a multilingual team
- Experience building interactive data applications (e.g. R Shiny, Plotly Dash, Python Streamlit) preferred
- Experience using version controlled workflows preferred
- Eagerness to work closely with manufacturing engineering teams and develop domain knowledge about manufacturing processes
- 3+ years experience with a degree in a quantitative field
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.