Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Utilizing Rivian processes based on industry standards from VDA and AIAG, the Supplier Quality Manager – Plant Support will work directly with the plant manufacturing, quality, and production control teams driving plant containments, fast response to supplier issues, managing supplier corrective action response to issues at plant, supporting change management, and driving communication to our supplier quality engineering teams supporting quality and program management for production builds. This role will have direct reports.
· Manage and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to support the project timing and quality performance
· Manage development and implementation as well as ongoing maintenance and data integrity checks to our supplier portal
· Lead the effort of continuous improvement activities
· Manage onsite rework and containment to ensure no nonconforming parts reach the manufacturing line
· Implement all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance
· Respond to customer complaints putting in containment actions, full analysis, poka-yokes (error proofing), and implementing short term and long-term countermeasures
· Ensure that all necessary systems and procedures are in place to satisfy all customer requirements and audits
· Train others in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures
· Undertake internal and process audits of the Quality Management System (QMS)
· Management of the Quality Engineers and Technicians for fast response and 8D corrective actions
· Report against agreed quality metrics
· Lead regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality
· In conjunction with the Supplier Quality Assurance function, reduce the effect of non-conforming supplier materials on the production area quality
· Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
· Produce written reports and make presentations
· Undertake continuous training and development
· Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
· Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
· Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
· Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
· Ensure KPIs are met
· Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
· Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
· Lean Manufacturing knowledge
· Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
· Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings
· Understanding manufacturing processes
· Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
· Planning and prioritizing activities
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Listening skills
· Negotiation skills
· Ability to present data effectively
· Problem-solving skills
· Understanding of Health and Safety practices
· Team working skills
· Analytical skills
· Understanding of cost and financial impacts
This role requires 8:00am-5:00pm Monday through Friday time commitment
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.