Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Own design, analysis, test, and delivery for various components from concept to production.
- Deliver high quality CAD models working cross functionally with interacting components.
- Deliver high quality drawings including GD&T and tolerance analysis.
- Develop component technical specifications and requirements to ensure product functionality.
- Develop structural performance requirements and load cases.
- Develop thermal performance requirements and load cases.
- Work with ESS CAE team to define and submit simulation requests as needed for design validation and correlation with test.
- Coordinate analyses related to thermal CFD and structural FEA to meet component requirements.
- Lead weekly supplier meetings to ensure the timely delivery of Battery components to support vehicle program timing.
- Work with Rivian Supply Chain to quote and source production suppliers.
- Develop component DFMEA and DVP&R.
- Meet cost and mass targets to meet system level requirements.
- Develop timing and delivery plans for components within the Battery System.
- Management of part maturities meeting development program requirements and milestones.
- Manage PLM component attribute data in Enovia, including meeting cost & mass targets.
- Manage and conduct component design reviews for each part in the Battery System.
- Support prototype builds to execute development testing and support development vehicle program.
- Work with suppliers on component DFM to reduce cost and improve quality and reliability.
- Work with Rivian manufacturing team on ESS system and component DFA to improve manufacturability.
- 5+ years industry experience with Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years with Master’s degree.
- CATIA V6 (3DX or equivalent) Required.
- Experience work with vehicle team integrating product in vehicle.
- Design experience for injection molding, forming/stamping, casting, extrusion, and composite layup.
- Design experience for joining methods such as: welding, brazing, adhesives, and fasteners.
- Experience with release engineering including CAD design, GD&T, and PLM interface.
- Strong oral and written communication for supplier engagement, program timing, and project management. Experience with automotive DVP&R cycle, requirements management, and issue problems solving.
- Familiarity with lithium ion cell chemistries and form factors.
- Understanding of battery system architectures, system controls, and circuit analysis.
- Strong fluids and thermodynamics background with working knowledge of energy conversion and heat transfer.
- Experience with automotive powertrain requirements, load cases, and standards.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.