Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Join a highly capable team to develop industry leading Battery System for Rivian electric vehicles
- System level ownership of electrical design of battery system
- Start to finish ownership of Battery Hardware electrical design from requirements to detail design, prototype, reliability validation and high-volume manufacturing.
- Collaboratively create and drive battery system roadmap
- Design and develop Battery System hardware intended to be used in Rivian energy products.
- Lead team in electrical design, simulation, prototyping, and validation of battery system
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers, LV design engineers, cell engineering and software/controls engineering teams to successfully to design, validate and manufacture battery system.
- Architecture and modeling of new battery topologies to achieve better performance
- Support cross functional teams.
- Lead test and characterize battery modules and battery systems in laboratory environment
- Lead debugging of issues and solve problems when they arise
- Implement continuous improvement and best practices within team and larger Battery organization
- Minimum MSEE or PhD in electrical engineering
- 7+ years industrial experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of power electronics
- Proactive and fully engaged in root cause and issue resolution
- Deep understanding in battery management sensing and protection devices
- Experience with EV/Hybrid Battery systems and associated standards
- Knowledge of UL, GB/T and FCC requirements
- Experience and knowledge in environmental, reliability, and safety requirements for Automotive, Industrial & Residential applications for battery systems
- Comfortable working in lab with high power and high voltage circuitry
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (Oscilloscopes, Network analyzers, Signal Generators etc.
- Knowledge of battery system circuits and concepts
- Knowledge of basic control theory and experience with embedded programming.
- Great team player and communicator
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.