Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Develop a Data Architecture Infrastructure for Energy Storage Systems
- Battery Data Architecture – Develop a plan for battery data architecture that supports Rivian’s multi-site testing and data science organization, as well as in-field test assets that communicate via telematics.
- Data Schemas and Models – Develop data schemas and models that support a team of battery analytics and data science developers
- Develop Software Packages to Support Data Science – Work with stakeholders at Rivian to integrate various scripts, programs, and other tools into highly-integrated libraries that can be utilized by the Rivian data community
- Populate and Process Vehicle Test Data
- Define ESS Data Structures – Work with other Rivian data architects to provide/expose battery related data collected by “connected car” telematics. Define rules and systems for allowing querying and searching of the data on AWS, balancing user needs with costs for queries
- Vehicle Data Tools – Develop tools to provide processing of vehicle and battery data to convert lower-level data and telematics to higher level data, events, and other intelligence
- Populate and Store other Battery Data
- Battery Pack Data – Develop architecture for interfacing with Rivian’s battery pack test equipment in California and Illinois. Implement software for integrating disparate battery data into a consistent data model and store (LAN as well as cloud-based storage such as AWS). Make data searchable and queryable.
- Battery Cell Data – Develop architecture for interfacing with Rivian’s battery test equipment. Implement software for integrating disparate battery data into a consistent data model and store (LAN as well as cloud-based storage such as AWS). Make data searchable and queryable.
- 3+ years of work experience in data science, with 5 preferred.
- Experience developing in Python required. Knowledge of other modern programming and scripting languages preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of data storage required, including AWS cloud-based experience.
- Knowledge of local databases preferred, including SQL
- Demonstrated experience developing and launching analytic platforms based on data science
- Experience or collaboration in a physical science, battery, or automotive preferred
- BS required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong communication skills
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.