Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Work closely with the Director of Test and Development, Prototype Shop Manager, and PM teams to deliver Prototype projects on-time and to a high quality.
- Work with system engineers to deliver production intent vehicle systems on the prototypes. Audit designs for manufacturing feasibility. Weigh problem fixes against project needs to determine best solution on the floor.
- Design prototype level parts and systems for shop manufacturing. Use DFM and DF Prototyping to make sure parts can be fabricated quickly and to a high quality.
- Work with manager and technicians to create new and improve existing shop processes to improve speed and quality.
- Work with Program Management team and Shop Manager to determine build schedule
- Build and Maintain work instructions for prototype vehicle assembly and retrofit projects
- Maintain overall shop cleanliness and organization
- 3+ years experience in prototype environment
- A strong understanding and experience in a prototype and fabrication shop processes
- BS Mechanical or relevant engineering degree
- Ability to solve problems quickly in a dynamic work environment with aggressive timelines
- Passion for building in free time
- Willing to travel
- CAD software experience (Catia, SolidWorks, UG, etc.)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.