Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Help set and implement a standardized system for inventory management across multiple locations.
- Maintain a live online database of team wide inventory across multiple sites through data entry of both received and consumed items.
- Research parts, materials and tooling needs to support purchasing and tracking of orders for the team across multiple locations and projects.
- Own the kitting process needed to efficiently supply our internal and/or external vendors with the components needed to complete their builds.
- Conduct inventory cycle counts to ensure inventory level accuracy, as needed.
- Support logistical activities associated with components that the EE Hardware team is responsible for, including but not limited to the proper packaging needed to be ESD compliant and the complete process of shipment requests.
- Work with engineering team and trade team to unblock international shipments due to customs delay.
- Delivery of products throughout the facility (small package delivery).
- Make suggestions to management for improving this position or improving work processes.
- Highly organized, detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously meeting time sensitive deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proactive and out of the box thinker
- Need to have an understanding of the safe handling of electronic components
- Great communicator with the willingness to seek out information from multiple stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience in inventory control in a manufacturing environment
- Physical ability to frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of inventory management methodologies and standard concepts/best practices in a warehouse environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.