Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of durability test vehicles.
- Perform structural fatigue and corrosion inspections on durability test vehicles in accordance with engineering test specifications.
- Perform fastener torque audits on durability test vehicles in accordance with engineering test specifications.
- Perform detailed complete vehicle tear downs and maintain detailed records of observations throughout the process.
- Perform diagnosis and repair of prototype vehicle’s electrical/mechanical/software systems.
- Fabricate and/or modify existing prototype components/fixtures.
- Maintain detailed records of all work performed.
- Maintain test equipment in operational condition by performing routine maintenance and making minor repairs/adjustments as needed.
- Install instrumentation, test equipment, and other components on prototype vehicles in accordance with engineering specifications, standards, and/or test procedures.
- Communicate directly with engineers to ensure a high level of technical support.
- Load and transport prototype vehicles to specified test locations as needed. (Class A CDL a plus)
- Test drive vehicles on closed tracks.
- Travel 40%
This is what you’ll need:
- 5+ years of technician work experience in the automotive industry. Electric/hybrid vehicle experience preferred.
- Previous durability technical experience (Fatigue crack checking, Torque Auditing etc.) is preferred but not necessary.
- Valid driver license with clean record.
- Strong automotive electrical understanding.
- High Voltage electrical knowledge and training preferred but not necessary.
- Minor fabrication experience.
- Strong technical and mechanical ability.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills.
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools a plus. (Jira, Confluence)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.