Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will lead a nimble and energetic group of N&V simulation engineers by providing technical insight and operational leadership
- Be awesome. Be curious.
- Utilize knowledge of NVH requirements for a vehicle and its subsystems, e.g., body-in-white, closures, suspension, IP, acoustic cavities
- Provide leadership in planning, testing, and conducting NVH analysis of vehicle components, interpreting results, and providing feedback to the development team
- Utilize ANSA, Nastran, Optistruct, NVH Director and META - including meshing, connection, analysis, and post-processing – to analyze vehicle NVH performance
- Establish and develop modelling and analysis methodologies of component, systems/sub-system and full vehicle models
- Interpret CAE results to design engineers, identify parts with NVH issues, and suggest feasible design/connection changes to improve stiffness and eventually meet NVH targets.
- Cooperate with design and test engineers for benchmarking comparable vehicles and participate in developing an NVH DVP&R for Rivian Automotive.
- Participate in testing benchmark vehicles, support vehicle target development, drive scheduling and testing for prototype and early production vehicles to validate CAE results and assess vehicle’s NVH performance.
- Actively engage in developing more accurate analysis procedures for NVH analysis.
- Analyze structure born noise, acoustic performance, and other sound quality performance for vehicle development
- Work on concept level designs for vehicles and systems
- 10+ Years of NVH – CAE experience in the automotive development
- An MS or a PhD in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge and expertise in Nastran and Optistruct with application in component, system and full vehicle NVH analysis
- A first principle understanding of NVH modes, requirements, and test procedures at the vehicle, system, and component level
- Knowledge of vehicle life cycle development and timeline with experience in taking programs from concept to production
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team work skills
- An understanding of body-in-white structure requirements, loads, joining processes and adhesives
- The ability to work in all phases of program development from concept where CAD and vehicle designs are premature to launch support where any modifications involve manufacturing process updates or tooling changes
- Experience in low and mid frequency analysis for vehicle level vibration
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.