Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Review electrical and mechanical designs for compliance with EMC commercial specs and EMI Real-world Environments survivability and customer experience.
Write and execute test plans for LV and HV Electrical, RF, and Instrumentation hardware developed by Rivian.
Continue to develop EMI/RF and electrical design, test, and analysis skills on-the-job.
Identify and document R1T/RPV vehicle system susceptibilities to electromagnetic environments, including HIRF, lightning, and EMI.
Collaborate with electrical and mechanical design engineers to develop hardware within EMC specs.
Define and validate vehicle electrical bonding/grounding/shielding specs.
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering / Robotics / Physics, or any with very strong background in electronics
Hands-on experience working with electrical hardware and test equipment including oscilloscopes, signal/spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers.
Basic circuit component knowledge, including MOSFET, DC-DC regulator ICs, FPGAs, memories.
Ability to read in detail circuit and wiring block diagrams & schematics
Ability to "drink from the firehose" and thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Masters or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, RF circuit or Antenna design, or applied electromagnetics.
- Experience designing power supplies or voltage/current regulators.
- Experience with transmission line and antenna design.
- Experience with test planning for automobiles or other complex vehicles.
- Scripting experience in MATLAB, Python, or C/C++ for numerical simulation or data analysis
- Working knowledge of commercial and automotive certification for EMI/EMC, including testing requirements to these specs: IEC 61000, CISPR 25, CISPR 12, CISPR -16, ISO 11452-x, ISO 7637-x, FCC Part 15, UNECE Reg 10
- Experience in circuit design and PCBA layout
- Test automation experience in LabView, Python, or TILE!
- Completed coursework in Engineering/Science ethics.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.