Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will assist in planning, testing, and conducting NVH analysis of vehicle components, interpreting results, and providing feedback to the development team
- Participate in testing benchmark vehicles, support vehicle target development, drive scheduling and testing for prototype and early production vehicles to validate CAE results and assess vehicle’s NVH performance.
- Actively engage in developing test procedures and processing techniques.
- Analyze structure and air born noise, acoustic performance, and other sound quality performance for vehicle development
- Development of component and vehicle structure to set and meet targets for NVH.
- Target setting for vehicle, system and component levels using benchmarking, simulation, and engineering experience.
- Work alongside the CAE team to develop targets from vehicle to component levels. Measure vehicle to validate targets and work to improve systems if needed.
- Perform all manner of NVH testing (modal analysis, TPA, ODS, etc.)
- Root cause and develop feasible solutions to challenging problems
- Support vehicle launch with assessment, testing, root cause and issue resolution
- An amazing attitude, can-do spirit and adventurous mindset.
- 4+ years of NVH experience in automotive or related field.
- Experience performing Modal Analysis, Transfer Path Analysis (TPA), general data collection and digital signal processing.
- Experience in specifying materials for interior and exterior vehicle acoustic packages, including sealing of body pass-throughs.
- Experience using test techniques including transmission loss, absorption, and basic aeroacoustic and transfer path principles.
- Understanding of digital signal processing and sound quality metrics.
- Wind tunnel testing experience.
- Proven track record of problem solving and independent root cause analysis.
- Engineering, Physics, or similar Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University, Master’s preferred
- LMS Test Lab experience is preferred.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.