Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Test Automation Manager, Hardware – define and build Rivian’s test automation infrastructure to test hardware from engineering development through volume manufacturing. Responsible for the full lifecycle development of the test automation system, hardware, and software.
- Build, mentor, and technically lead an interdisciplinary team capable of executing, scaling, and deploying data rich test systems
- Design and develop a flexible and scalable test automation framework (HW/SW) to support component testing in vehicle control electronics, ADAS, infotainment, harnessing, and wireless products.
- Develop rich data analysis and visualization tools that integrate into large backend cloud databases
- Create and manage product development milestones, budgets, and schedules, working with development teams to align timing.
- Work closely with Validation, Hardware, Integration, and Manufacturing, and Reliability teams to define test and support requirements.
- Support global deployment of test automation systems to different manufacturing sites.
- Lead design reviews of system, hardware, and software with engineering teams
- Support executive and senior leadership reviews
- Develop overall team processes to scale with Rivian
- 10+ years in defining and developing test automation platforms for hardware systems
- 6+ years of leading and building high performing teams
- 5+ years experience in volume manufacturing environments
- 3+ Experience in RF and Wireless testing
- Demonstrated experience supporting test in volume manufacturing environments
- Experience working with AWS data management services
- Experience working with latest automated manufacturing and test lines
- Python and LabView experience
- Travel as needed to deployment sites.
- MS preferred, BSEE, BSCS minimum.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.