Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Derive the design of tests from DFMEA & UL/UN/GBT requirements in collaboration with Design and System Engineers and determine appropriate pass/fail criteria
- Provide analysis from data collected during testing
- Create final test reports and present results to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage processed data
- Approve test setups and execution
- Develop methods to diagnose and characterize control system behaviors
- Automate tests for application to Rivian battery packs
- Support engineering teams with architecture and function specification reviews
- Support testing and related issue characterization
- Support failure analysis activities during development and throughout production programs
- Speak up for safety issues and read across activities for actions and closures
- Work with HIL team to align test conditions and test methods for software evaluation
- Participate in Bill of Design assessments, CTS, DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP&R, CTR, etc
- Provide feedback related to battery failure modes discovered in testing
- Support technical root cause analysis and resolution of issues found during testing
- Support hardware integration related to interfacing hardware and connection issues
- Develop, maintain, and enhance technical memory documents, templates, and tracking of BoD, BoM, CTS, CTR, DFMEA, ADV Toolbox, Drawing Templates, and Lessons Learned
- Support design reviews for Product Development & Change Management, Key Stakeholder Reviews, Component Technical Reviews and Supplier Technical Reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or similar
- Minimum 5 years automotive experience in related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of battery safety and abuse testing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of battery management system design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated battery test equipment and test methods.
- Experience with configuring and testing battery management circuits / systems.
- A wide range of experience with automotive test tools such as Vector CANoe/CANape, Tracetronic ECU-Test, Vehicle SPI
- Experience working with high voltage systems
- Knowledge of lab instruments: DAQs, DMM, Oscilloscope, debugger, HIL operation
- Knowledge of vehicle standards UN38.3, J2464, UL2580, UL1642, etc
- Familiarity with reliability engineering principles
- Familiarity with DFSS or DRM tools (such as VOC, FMEA, 5-Why, 8-D)
- High energy and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal
- ~20% Domestic and/or International Travel
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.