Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Partner with Design Engineering to develop the Service BOM for new vehicles, to determine which parts of the vehicle will be serviced and implemented in the global service network
- Go-to-Market new part introduction and program launch responsibilities (service level to service center launch)
- Ownership of End of Life parts analysis process for your vehicle systems to mitigate obsolescence, ensure supply continuity, mitigate inaccurate forecasting, and align on commercial and warehousing strategy terms
- Master data ownership and structure/maintenance of the Service BOM for your specific vehicle systems (ex: Thermal, Body, Interior, etc..) with high level of accuracy to ensure supply chain success
- Technical expertise and analysis of design changes in part designs to determine supersession and compatibility relationships for your parts
- Support exception management reporting, part serviceability escalations, and proactive monitoring of new part introductions to ensure supply continuity for your parts
- Collaborate with demand planning, supply chain, global distribution centers, engineering, and other partners to understand demand forecast drivers that will impact supply continuity
- Drive first principles approach in cross-functional decision making to move sourcing, service levels, and forecasting forward to enable supply continuity across the service network
- Develop best in class service operations leveraging Rivian’s platform and new technologies
- Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve all areas of your work and the organization
- 5+ years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or technical field (vehicle repair a plus)
- Bachelors (Masters Preferred) with emphasis in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Materials Engineering or related discipline
- CAD/Catia/Enovia/PLM experience
- Experience analyzing design changes (vehicle repair / aftermarket a plus)
- Experience managing complex Bills of Material (Service BOM a plus)
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP with focused experience on product lifecycle management, bills of material, supply chain operations, and procure to pay processes (SAP experience a plus)
- Excellent project management
- Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities to allow decision-making or presenting recommendations to the business.
- Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment.
- Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.