Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Support Service Organization with in-depth analysis of customer concerns where vehicle safety or performance is in question
- Investigate vehicle collisions and accidents involving Rivian vehicles and advise Service Operations and Legal teams regarding vehicle performance
- Work closely with Reliability and Engineering teams to improve active and passive vehicle safety systems
- Work with ADAS and Technical Publication teams to ensure customers are well informed of the capabilities and limitations of their vehicle’s driver assist feature sets
- Function as a liaison for legal partners in the areas of: vehicle dynamics, vehicle safety and vehicle behaviors
- Define and ensure systems and process are in place to comply with customer privacy and data collection laws enforced in all markets in which Rivian products are sold
- Conduct field investigations, crash reconstruction, and in field data collection as needed to support review of vehicle incidents
- Support the diagnostics design engineering team with the development, testing, validation, and maintenance of the vehicle diagnostics system and tools related to the diagnosis and reporting of active and passive vehicle safety systems and vehicle telemetry
- Identify, define, promote emerging product and service issues to appropriate channels and into a closed loop system for problem resolution
- Identify, lead and ensure vehicle containment or vehicle fleet recalls are escalated and acted upon quickly and appropriately
- 5+ years of experience in automotive industry, with emphasis in engineering or vehicle diagnostics
- BS or MS preferred in related engineering discipline
- Experience with analysis of large data sets
- Crash reconstruction experience a plus
- Experience functioning as a technical or expert witness in courtroom setting
- Working understanding of automotive safety standards and the governing bodies that enforce them in North American and European markets
- Experience with or understanding of vehicle OEM and governing body regulatory compliance
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control ystems) within job-related area
- Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process design initiatives to establish and improve internal and external processes and operations
- Track record of working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment
- Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities with high level analytical ability where opportunities for improvement are unusual and complex
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Experience in a startup environment and scaling teams from a blank slate is a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Strong written and communications skills
- Extremely detail oriented
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.