Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Manage team of Virtual Service Advisors for North American Customer and Fleet Operations
- Promote remote diagnostic excellence through technical expertise, with goal of achieving 50% remote resolution of customer concerns
- Hire diverse team of highly capable diagnostic support technicians and scale team according to demand volume as Rivian vehicle fleet and product lines expand
- Develop rapid diagnostic best practices and processes with focus on customer experience and decreasing total vehicle down time
- Develop sustainable team culture and positive work environment to maximize team member retention
- Develop team member skills through coaching, training and mentorship
- Support up-stream or in Service Diagnosis with excellent documentation of initial customer concern, vehicle behavior, time stamp and diagnostic steps taken
- Aid in development of the Service Operating System to ensure ease of use and data capture requirements for teams upstream and downstream of Technical Support
- Provide regular technical feedback and summary reports to Engineering Design, Reliability and Quality team’s in order to improve fielded or future vehicles
- Be responsible for fleet level off-line scrubs of logged data to illuminate trends and patterns that are descriptive of unique failure modes
- 5+ years of Managerial experience in Technical support, with emphasis in engineering and vehicle diagnostics a plus
- BS or MS preferred in related discipline
- Experience in automotive diagnostics development
- Proven success in driving service support requirements in a complex environment
- Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process design initiatives to establish and improve internal and external processes and operations
- Track record of working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment
- Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities with high level analytical ability where opportunities for improvement are unusual and complex
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Experience in a startup environment and scaling teams from a blank slate is a plus.
- Strong written and communications skills
- Extremely detail oriented
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.