Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Perform remote repair planning for all scheduled service appointments. Repair planning includes; remote diagnosis, parts ordering, service center or remote repair scheduling and service center capacity planning.
- Perform remote diagnostics using combination of technical understanding of Rivian products, diagnostic tools and logged vehicle data to arrive at likely cause of customer concern and likely repair or next steps prior vehicle arrival for service
- Use manual and automated parts ordering tools to locate and order necessary parts to effect vehicle repair prior to vehicle arrival for service
- Determine if a vehicle repair can effectively and safely be performed remotely or if special tools or considerations require a service center visit
- Schedule and finalize service appointments based on completion of “repair plan” taking into account service capacity, customer availability and resources
- Ensure industry leading customer repair experience through excellent planning and communication of repair plan prior to vehicle arrival for service
- Work closely with customer support team to train and empower agents to conduct live diagnosis of common vehicle issues or customer concerns related to expected vehicle behavior
- Create culture of collaboration with leaders and team members of Customer Support teams, encouraging feedback and open communication between teams
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5+ years of experience in automotive industry or automotive repair
- Experience within customer support or customer relations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Disciplined work ethic
- Ability to work effectively under pressure or within tight time limits
- Experience with logistics or parts ordering systems
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Competent computer and typing skills
- International automotive experience a plus
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Experience in a startup environment a plus
- Ability to travel as needed
- Extremely detail oriented
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.