Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
Responsible for the development, implementation and management Rivian’s Global Service Parts Distribution Center Footprint Program. This role will require high levels of energy and initiative, independent judgement and cross-team collaboration. Must be able to complete projects in a compressed timeline.
· Support the design and execution of Rivian’s Global Distribution Center Network including physical footprint
· Design warehouse layout and all processes including slotting, putaway, pick/pack, kitting, shipping, and other applicable warehouse processes (End to End Process Flow)
· Develop process to track KPI’s at Distribution Centers to drive continuous improvement and productive operations
· Ensure that programs and processes are developed, assessed, communicated, and administered in compliance with Rivian’s objectives and timelines
· Create and maintain models for capacity planning throughout network to ensure proper risk management
· Interact with the entire Service Engineering, Collision, and Operations Organizations
· Be operational interface with Logistics team to ensure stakeholder needs are understood, documented, and met
This is what you’ll need:
· 6+ years experience in project/program management launching global facilities
· Experience with Greenfield and Brownfield Service Warehouse Launches from design to execution including coordination with real estate/facilities, indirect purchasing, and other stakeholders
· Technical expertise in warehouse design including CAD drawings and working with vendors on equipment/racking installation
· Expertise in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) preferably SAP EWM roll-out and design
· Experience driving complex warehouse programs striving to keep within budget and timeline
· Familiarity with Global Automotive industry supply chain and logistics
· Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet project deadlines
· Ability to work independently, accurately, and effectively in performing task or duties as assigned to completion
· Good project management skills and ability to work within guidelines
· Professional demeanor, strong communication, writing and presentation skills
· High proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
· Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
· Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
· Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
· Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
· Frequent Travel
Education and Training:
· Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent work experience, Master’s Preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.