Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Utilize CAD to create professional, high-quality images of vehicles in various states of disassembly based on direction from procedural experts.
- Create professional 3D renderings of vehicles and vehicle parts.
- Design exploded views of complex mechanical systems.
- Follow a strict set of color and formatting guidelines when creating publications.
- Responsible for content and change management of images.
- Work cross functionally with Service Engineering and documentation specialists.
- Analyze lists of parts and determine groupings for each Parts Catalog illustration.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop content and establish schedules to meet vehicle launch dates.
- Set clear milestones, deliverables, and identify dependencies, validation and quality plans, track progress, and drive issue resolution among the teams on a tight deadline.
- Strategize and implement process improvements, for both illustration processes and any other related processes.
- Technical knowledge of automotive repair is required
- Working proficiency in CATIA or similar CAD software a must
- Ability to work through ambiguity and determine the proper manipulation of CAD to create relevant images for repair procedures
- Will need to make judgments on each image created in CAD if post processing is required and the proper program to execute that processing
- Will be required to set aggressive but realistic timelines and milestones, while recommending and implementing process improvements to drive efficiency
- Will be required to use both automotive knowledge and graphic design principles to separate parts into proper groupings that make them logical and easy to visually present to a large audience
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.