Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
At Rivian, our mission is to Keep the World Adventerous Forever. The achievement of this requires a symbiotic relationship between the world and the generations of people we seek to keep it adventurous for. This mission is the foundation from which our community has already begun to organically take shape.
As the Sr. Manager, Community, you’ll design, create, and facilitate inclusive and safe spaces for Rivian customers and fans to connect with one another, nurturing strong bonds and lasting relationships around adventerous passions and a shared desire to make the world a better place.
- Develop a community strategy that empowers Rivian customers and fans to come together around shared values, social engagements, and adventerous passions, both on and offline
- Create opportunities for our community to build meaningful relationships with Rivian and one another
- Develop a community playbook that will empower Rivian employees and key stakeholders with the tools necessary to deliver Rivian’s brand values throughout all community related initiatives
- Collaborate with Retail and Brand teams to bring community to life by way of events and physical experiences
- Collaborate with the Brand team to develop the tools that will empower Rivian’s community to grow organically
- Drive Rivian’s online and social community engagement strategy
- Develop and implement Rivian’s club strategy
- Fostar stewardship through community and vice versa
- Develop a referral strategy that encourages the Rivian community to share their passion with friends and family
- Keep a pulse on the Rivian community, regularly surfacing Voice of Customer reporting back to stakeholders within the company, developing special relationships with thought leaders within the community, and developing initiatives to bring thought leaders together for unique experiences and a direct line of communication with Rivian
- Identify, drive and track relevant metrics of success, reporting on community metrics, customer experience, and community engagement
- A passion for bringing people together around common values and shared passions
- A proven track record for building and scaling a community, preferably around a brand mission
- Ability to translate high level brand values through compelling community experiences
- Ability to develop global community strategy and execute locally
- Demonstrated ability to create a cohesive community experience through touchpoints that span digital and physical environments
- Strong understanding of what drives successful communities and the underlying psychology of their members
- Empathy, patience, and natural respect for all people, irrespective of background, beliefs, or culture
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and proven track record of highly effective collaboration
- 8+ years of experience in Marketing, Community Engagement, or similar disciplines
- A deep desire to make the world a better place
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.