Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. We provide high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems.
Job Number: 1150
Riverside Research is looking for a Senior Accounting Manager who will oversee the day-to-day accounting operations of the organization and ensure the accuracy of data and the effectiveness and efficiency of accounting and financial controls. In this position, you will primarily, manage the General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll staff and processes of the organization.
- Work in a corporate office type environment.
- Hybrid Work Arrangement (3 days on site an 2 days remote)
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Manage and direct accounting staff in the timely completion and accuracy of the month-end and year-end general ledger close.
- Manage and provide coaching, training, and guidance to senior and staff accountants – provide ongoing development.
- Review and ensure accurate posting to the general ledger all accounting transactions, i.e., cash receipts, accounts payable vouchers and disbursements, and journal entries.
- Review and provide accounting staff feedback of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Responsible for ensuring employee requests for Deltek Costpoint timesheet and expense report issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Review, test for compliance, and provide recommendations to improve existing policy and procedures.
- Support and/or manage various external financial audits, including support of the Annual Single Audit.
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Form 990 Tax return, related schedules and supporting documentation.
- Responsible for the preparation of annual Incurred Cost Submission and Incurred Cost Submission audit.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal tax and government reporting requirements; as well as assist with resolving any tax discrepancies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of indirect rates in a government contracting environment, project cost accounting, and revenue recognition.
- Provide support to the Controller as needed with monthly financial and quarterly management analysis and reporting.
- Important skills required of the individual:
- Effective supervisory/management skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with multiple levels of management
- Excellent Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Business degree will be considered)
- Minimum 6-8+ years of progressive Accounting Experience in Government Accounting and Not-For-Profit Accounting environments
- Thorough understanding of Payroll and related employee tax requirements
- Previous Supervisory experience
- Experience using Deltek 8.1; specifically, all applications in the Accounting module, Projects, People, and T&E modules, as well Business Intelligence Reporting
- Technical requirements:
- Strong knowledge of government contractor accounting and project finance requirements.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, Not-For-Profit Accounting, OMB Uniform Guidance, Internal Controls, and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, under frequently changing priorities.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, TEAMS and/or Webex.
- Ability to quickly adapt to company policies and processes to effectively lead accounting team.
- CPA license
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Recruiting at email Recruiting@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the Recruiting team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: