Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. We provide high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems.
Job Number: 1096
Riverside Research is seeking an Information System Security Officer to provide system authorization support, risk management and business continuity expertise, threat detection and prevention methods, incident response and management methods, auditing, vulnerability management support, and the authoring and coordinating of system security documentation for Riverside Research’s Information Security Program. This position functions as a corporate-level ISSO, responsible for supporting the development and oversight of a comprehensive information security program as identified in applicable corporate level requirements to include DFARS, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, etc. Candidates must be technically proficient and capable of devising practical and sustainable solutions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
This position is 100% on-site at our Dayton, OH office.
- Serve as Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), coordinating, executing, and supporting cybersecurity assessment & authorization (A&A) activities such as risk management, business continuity, threat detection and prevention, incident response and management, auditing, vulnerability management support, and authoring/coordinating of system security documentation
- Facilitate, perform, and manage actions necessary to maintain system and capability accreditation status in accordance with DFARS, NIST 800-53 and 800-171, including scanning, auditing, and authoring/coordinating security accreditation-related documentation
- Provide advice and assistance on all things cyber security for corporate development and system maintenance projects, monitoring system authorization status of segment components, authoring and coordinating related documentation
- Review and advise on security aspects of corporate policy, procedures, and development
- Present system maintenance and authorization status, and potential issues to corporate leadership when necessary
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of A&A packages, System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports (RARs), Security Controls Traceability Matrices (SCTMs) and Plans of Action & Milestones (POA&Ms) for all corporate systems
- Assist the ISSM in establishing and administering appropriate security systems, policies, standards, and procedures in compliance with applicable government and corporate directives, guidelines, and any customer contractual obligations
- Conduct regular audits in accordance with corporate compliance policies and guidance
- Assist in providing Continuous Monitoring activities for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist in the investigations of information system security violations and assist in the preparation of reports with corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Verify that all Information System authorization documentation is current and accessible to authorized individuals
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in information systems or related technical field
- 1-3+ years of IT or IS related experience with recent ISSO experience
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II / IAM Level I certification (or industry recognized certification)
- Practical knowledge of client, server, data storage, and networking technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot, assess root cause, and identify cyber security issues
- Innovative with strong analytical, problem-solving, organization and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal direction
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- 3-5+ years of IT or IS related experience with recent ISSO experience
- Sec+/CASP certification
- Prior experience with SIEM tools (Splunk, LogRhythm, ArcSight, ESET, Tenable, etc.)
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Recruiting at email Recruiting@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the Recruiting team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: