Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. We provide high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems.
Job Number: 1055
Riverside Research is seeking a mid-level Radar Systems Engineer to support our Radar Assessment and Development (RAD) Group in Lexington, MA. The ideal candidate possesses solid experience in system-level design and integration, signal processing, analysis and verification of radar systems, simulation drivers, mission data processing, and forensic analysis. This position is focused on system simulation, algorithm development, the production of data analysis tools.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Radar system and mission performance assessment, including detection, track, object classification/discrimination performance
• Technical data analysis for a wide array of engineering problems involving large-scale radar systems. These may include ground-based and mobile radar platforms that track ballistic missile and earth-orbiting targets
• Develop data analysis and regression tools for the operational test of a radar systems
• Investigation and root-cause analysis of system and software performance anomalies
• Assistance with system modernization and system architecture studies
• Test support, algorithm prototyping, and simulation, developing test plans and supporting test events for a radar system
• Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), algorithm prototyping, and simulation
• Investigation and mitigation of system and software performance anomalies
• System and mission requirements analysis, feasibility studies, system modernization and architecture studies
• Assist in developing a radar signal simulator based on scattering center models and rigid body dynamics.
• Develop MATLAB tools to analyze system resource utilization in stressing scenarios
• Develop radar simulation code based on models developed in-house and in open literature
• Support the development and testing of RAD’s Own the Technical Baseline (OTB); a tool for assessing reliability and maintainability of radar systems
• Develop system metric comparisons tools to illustrate performance trends within the threat space to facilitate system design and implementation updates
• Research novel waveform techniques to reduce overall timeline and radar resource utilization during time-intensive data collection such as SAR imaging
• Investigate beam-broadening techniques for phased array radar using penalty/barrier methods and convex optimization
• Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or related technical field
- Minimum of 10 years' experience
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Must be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Proficient in MATLAB, C++, Python, or Java
- Solid understanding of radar system functionality, performance limitations, and mission support requirements
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing, RF/Microwave Engineering, Antennas, Electromagnetic Fields and Waves, Communications Systems, Probability/Noise & Stochastic Processes, Microwave Circuits and Networks
- A Master’s degree is highly desired
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Recruiting at email Recruiting@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the Recruiting team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: