Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. We provide high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems.
Job Number: 1048
Riverside Research is seeking a Telecommunications Program Manager to provide business operations and professional support to the DIU Cyber Portfolio. The Telecommunications Program Manager will support the Portfolio Director's core DIU mission in acting as an interface between the DOD, entrepreneurs, start-up firms, and commercial technology companies to increase DOD access to leading edge commercial technologies, processes and technical talent.
Location is flexible, but ideally the California Bay area, Boston, Austin, Chicago, or other tech hub (offers telework / hybrid options).
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
- Provide expertise in the implementation and engineering support of telecommunications systems to include solving relevant technical and programmatic problems and assessing the technical feasibility of commercial solutions
- Work closely with government partners and commercial vendors as a project manager throughout the prototype development lifecycle
- Coordinate, collaborate and drive buy-in with senior government officials, executive leadership, and other high ranking stakeholders
- Perform independent reviews and detailed technical assessments of commercial solutions and their specific applications
- Provide reviews and assessments, analyses of applicable technologies and operational concepts, system requirements, test plans, executions, results, and related engineering documentation
- Work with DoD/Government partners to identify and document problem statements (that can be solved by commercial telecommunications solutions)
- Review prototype proposals from commercial vendors, reports and related project documents
- Participate in milestone reviews, testing, and simulations
- Participate in post-prototype analysis activities and review and analysis of prototype data
- Prepare program updates, white papers, technical papers, briefs, and meeting materials
- Respond to official requests for information and other tasks from government partners and stakeholders
- Participate in key intra- and inter-agency meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an engineering/scientific field
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience in program or project management role in telecommunications field
- Expertise in telecommunications technology and standards (hardware and software, infrastructure and endpoints)
- Knowledge of telecommunications network design, 5G, mobile networks, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Experience in terrestrial, air, and satellite communications
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with both government and industry representatives
- Ability to deliver multi-discipline, multi-stakeholder projects that demonstrably improve operational capabilities (measured by increase in accuracy, decrease in cost, decrease in time) and enhance scientific collaboration, knowledge sharing, and research for the relevant community
- Ability to perform in a collaborative work environment with proactive team members while maintaining professionalism and a positive attitude towards colleagues, counterparts, suppliers, and partners
- Ability to communicate to a broad range of audiences (CEOs, investors, commercial vendors, media, government/military officials, etc) to gain acceptance of vision, guidance and policy
- Experience in business development, acquisitions experience
- Eligibility to achieve Top Secret (TS) clearance
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in an engineering/scientific field
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience in engineering, program or product management role
- 3+ years of experience as subject matter expert in Telecommunications
- Expertise in both fixed and mobile (LTE, 5G) communications technologies
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience working on DoD/IC telecommunications programs at a senior leader or management level
- Ability to balance out-of-box innovation mindset and government procedures across functions
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Recruiting at email Recruiting@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the Recruiting team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: