Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. We provide high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems.
Job Number: 972
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Modeling and Simulation engineer to analyze expected performance of state-of-the-art systems operating under highly varied conditions and featuring advanced sensors via detailed analysis of mission effectiveness statistics generated using a diverse set of state-of-the-art modeling tools.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Decompose customer questions into analytic objectives, measures of performance and effectiveness, and apply the decomposition into modeling and simulation environments
- Analyze results of mission simulations to determine impact of key variables
- Collaborate with other team members and recommend solutions by studying analytical and information needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Active TS clearance with the ability to obtain SCI
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in modeling and simulation
- C++, MATLAB, or similar programming language
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience composing documentation, reports, and briefings
- Ability to manage time independently without direct supervision
- Previous experience with mission level modeling and simulation
- Knowledge of one or more of the following models: Suppressor, AFSIM, ESAMS, DIADS, IMOM or relevant tools
- Modeling and simulation experience related to one or more of the following: sensors, radar, electronic warfare, comm links and protocols, space, and satellite systems
- Familiarity with weapon systems
- Statistical analysis experience
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Recruiting at email Recruiting@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the Recruiting team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: