Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. We provide high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems.
Job Number: 921
Riverside Research seeks a personable and highly technical individual to fill the role of IT Systems Administrator, capable of providing information technology support to groups performing cutting-edge research supporting national security interests. In this mid-level position, a successful candidate will leverage experience providing end-user support, but will be primarily responsible for the maintenance, operation, and support of IT systems in several distributed classified computing environments.
All positions at Riverside Research require US citizenship.
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain a variety of IT platforms and tools operating in classified environments
- Support local classified software development tools and environments
- Develops, tests, and operates firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Ability to configure and support network switches, firewalls, and IDS
- Safeguard the networks against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction, or disclosure
- Execute system operations in the unique constraints of air-gapped classified network environments
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 user support in small, classified environments with limited potential for escalation support
- Coordinates with Senior IT Infrastructure personnel to ensure compliance with organizational constructs
- Work closely with Information Security personnel to ensure compliance with applicable directives, policies, and procedures
- Active Secret (or higher) USG Clearance
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Systems Administrator role
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems
- Knowledge of Windows-based domains (Active Directory)
- Experience operating in classified or air-gapped network environments
- DoD 8570 IAT-II Certification (obtainable within 180-days of employment)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience across traditional IT stack (Clients, Networking, Storage, & Servers)
- Familiarity with enterprise virtualization tools (VMware)
- Understanding of setting up and supporting VTC systems and VOIP
- Experience performing data transfers to classified or air-gapped network environments
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Recruiting at email Recruiting@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the Recruiting team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: