Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 885
Riverside Research is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to perform installation, configuration, and maintenance of all of the hardware and software infrastructure at the customers’ location. This position is located on WPAFB, Ohio.
This position is focused on implementing and maintaining information systems ensuring they are available for the customer to complete their mission. The work is part of an integrated team that deals with information assurance and information technology supporting the customer onsite.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Capability to troubleshoot complex information technology problems using all available resources
- Provide Tier I to Tier III support for all customer systems including, but not limited to, account/system maintenance, investigating user problems, troubleshooting network complications, and resolving complex IT issues.
- Develop new and maintain existing installation and configuration procedures
- Apply operating system updates and patches on a minimum monthly basis
- Ensure proper approval has been granted for each software solution prior to installation
- Upgrade and configure software per project or operational needs
- Maintain and administer data retention and recovery solutions
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware in accordance with Department of Defense compliance standards and project requirements
- Install, configure, and maintain network equipment
- Experience managing Windows server utilizing PowerShell;
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Maintain hardware and software inventory including all licensing
- Ensure information system security configuration guidelines are followed
- Coordinate all significant information technology changes with the ISSM and ISSO
- Recognize a potential security violation and take appropriate actions to report and assist the ISSM and ISSO if an incident occurs
- Create, update, and manage machine images
- Other duties as assigned
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance (Must be able to obtain SAP customer access)
- High School Diploma
- COMPTIA Security+ certification or DoD 8570 IAT Level II equivalent certification
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology/System Administration
- Working knowledge of SCCM and WSUS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) or Information Technology preferred
- CISSP Certification
- SCI Eligible
- Development experience
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: