Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number 877
Riverside Research is seeking an Enterprise IT Project Manager to assist in developing strategy, drafting policy, creating process, and implementing actions to modernize the National Air & Space Intelligence Center’s (NASIC) hardware and software infrastructure at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. This position will be part of a team of two providing support to the Chief Technical Officer (CTO). Candidates must be technically proficient and capable of devising practical and sustainable solutions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Provide technical leadership and advice to the vision, design, and oversight of complex projects, spanning hardware and software solutions
- Develop, implement, monitor, and close out project plans for IT acquisition, engineering, and service operations activities
- Collaborate with enterprise IT architects, customers, developers, and other stakeholders to develop new enterprise level software services/technologies both on premise and in the cloud
- Provide technical analysis of enterprise issues and processes and propose solutions
- Develop and communicate product vision and goals
- Produce communication materials (schedules, briefings , etc) to keep stakeholders apprised of project progress and roadblocks
- Advise government customer in the prioritization of activities
- Work with the Enterprise acquisition office to procure hardware and software solutions
- Participate in planning activities such as budget planning and technical proposal review
- Assist in the creation and review of customer SLAs, MOAs/MOUs, and guidance and policy documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Top-Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, computer programming, physics, applied mathematics, or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience spanning IT project management, system administration, and/or software development
- Understanding of agile software development concepts
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player
- 10+ years of experience in systems engineering or project/program management/oversight experience
- 15+ years of experience spanning IT project management, system administration, and/or software development
- Understanding of micro-services, IaaS, PaaS, system visualization, and/or cloud capabilities/designs
- Understanding of multiple software programming languages
- Experience as part of an agile software development project/program
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve enterprise level technical problems
- Experience with DevSecOps, intelligence production, and/or cross domain solutions
- Understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, data bases, Python, Istio, Helm, Bitbucket, Elastic, Tableau, and/or other related technologies
- Professional certifications in agile software development (e.g. Scrum Product Owner, etc.)
- Professional certifications in systems engineering, IT, and/or project/program management (e.g. ITIL, PMP, DAU, etc.)
- Experience with needs documentation, e.g. CONOPs, use cases
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field
- IT Service Management experience
- Familiarity with NIST RMF
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: