Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 876
Riverside Research’s Intelligence and Defense Solutions Directorate has a full-time opening in the Dayton, Ohio area for a Facility Operations Manager. This position will support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Dayton, Ohio by providing experienced Facilities Operations support to identify process improvement opportunities, author new facility operations procedures, and facilitate the implementation of the NASIC’s workplace vision.
The candidate shall coordinate with the squadron, center, and base personnel to fully understand the NASIC mission facility operations requirements and make recommendations for facility operations process improvements in compliance with host base, US Air Force, and DoD policies, procedures, standards, instructions, and guidance. Additionally, The Facility Operations Manager will have experience with facility operations planning designed for least disruption of the facility occupants and experience in workspace optimization.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Create new and improve existing Facility Operations
• Determine the necessary processes and functions within the Logistics Management division of NASIC and make recommendations to leadership
• Utilize and facilitate the implementation of Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century (AFSO 21) process improvements within ongoing and future MILCON projects
• Prepare reports regarding job status
• Ensure compliance with applicable safety regulations and building codes and evaluate risks and resolve any problems that may arise
• Coordinate with multiple military and government organizations for necessary process improvement opportunities
• Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects, and key team members of the project team
• Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance or ability to obtain
• BS degree in Engineering
• Must have experience working with facility operations and workspace optimization.
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience Facility Operations Management and serve as the process improvement specialist for our Government/Military customer ensuring the missions’ interest are met with projects that are managed.
• Excellent knowledge of workspace utilization and optimization
• Highly organized
• Previous experience in a leadership role with strong and proven leadership skills
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Familiar with project management software programs
• Excellent time management skills and ability to plan ahead
• Able to multitask with a strong understanding of core manager duties
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities, including negotiation
• Six Sigma, AFSO 21 or other process improvement related certification
• PE Certified
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: