Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research’s open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number: 872
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time technical project manager to support the National Air & Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) Digital Transformation Office (DTO), at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. The technical project manager will assist the DTO in identifying and procuring services from commercial providers with subject matter expertise in cloud architecting, artificial intelligence/machine learning, workflow analysis, agile design processes, and technology innovation. The technical project manager will facilitate strategy development and technical exchanges with prospective vendors. They will also assist the government with planning, programming, and budget execution activities, identifying pertinent guidance, resource constraints, and track expenditures. They will apply knowledge of the defense acquisition and contracting process to solicit operational/technical requirements and prepare supporting documentation to include statements of work. Candidates must be technically proficient and capable of accessing practical and sustainable solutions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Identify and procure services from commercial providers with subject matter expertise in cloud architecting, artificial intelligence/machine learning, workflow analysis, agile design processes, and technology innovation
- Facilitate strategy development and technical exchanges with prospective vendors
- Solicit operational/technical requirements; prepare supporting documentation to include statements of work, and submit for approval/processing; track status of various acquisitions from submission thru award
- Cultivate and maintain collaborative relationships with contract mission partners, as well as across the intelligence community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD),
- Facilitate standing or one-time meetings, working groups, or tiger teams; prepare minutes, track status of various projects, draft white papers/briefings and present recommendations to decision makers as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Active TS clearance with SCI adjudication
- Bachelor’s in information technology, management information systems, engineering, computer science, physics, math or related fields
- Minimum 5 years’ program/project experience supporting the IC or DoD
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, responsible team player able to work independently with minimal daily direction; effective/efficient written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
- Open to occasional travel
- Familiarity with National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) intelligence production and contracting processes
- Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, engineering, computer science, physics, math or related technical field
- Professional certifications in project management, contracting, requirements management, and/or lifecycle logistics (e.g. PMP, DAWIA)
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: